At about 90 feet tall, the Woodhull flagpole is one of only two flagpoles located in Arlington National Cemetery. Erected in
1924, the Woodhull flagpole is dedicated to f Commander
Maxwell Woodhull, who served in the United States Navy
from 1813 to 1863.

The flags on the Woodhull flagpole fly at half-staff, commencing one-half hour before th e first burial service of the day. They
remain at half-staff until one-half hour after the last service.

Top of page

  contact web developer -
© 2003 Ponsford Ltd., All rights reserved.